The Exhaust.: Chickening out

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Chickening out


Art by: lexidh
Listening to: The Remedy - Jason Mraz
Moik: Aaarrrggghhh!!!... Damn.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Here we go again. Yes, tis high time to chicken out of something which is killing me softly. Well, not really softly since I can feel the nicotine burn caves in my once shiny pink lungs but I think you get the picture.
Smoking. Ah yes the death sticks. The smooth flow of kretek as it infiltrates my bronchial tree. The refreshing rush of dopamine as a result of my brain going on overdrive. The quickstep thumping of my heart as I breath in and out. The icky goo of residue that clogs my aveoli before what little oxygen diffuses into my bloodstream. Sigh, yeah, I'm gonna miss it.
Then I think of all the kids in my compound who're running around with perfect health and imagine what my second hand smoke must be doing to them. I dont think I'll miss it that much anymore.
Well I guess I have still have a little time to enjoy my last two packs of grade A Gudang Garam before I throw the rest of my stash away. What am I saying? I'm saying that I'm not quitting now but rather on March. 15. March 15 be my chicken out date. The day I finally put my ligther down and put the cigs in their proper place. My mouth. Kidding, I ment the trash.
I never did think of myself as a quitter on anything but I'll make an exeption on this particular situation.
Now that I'm putting that vice aside I wonder if I should drop drinking as well. After carefully thinking it through I come to the conclusion that I wont ever be cured of my booze guzzling. Thankfully, my liver doesn't think it can take much more which degrades me to the status of 'Social Drinker'. Hey, I'll take what I can get.

A week before I break a bond with Teej. Maybe I'll puff another one when I see him agian... assuming he also hasn't chickened out.
I'd also like to thank most of Wanten for their ribbing on my case specially Hans, Thes, Charlie and Izza.
Now I'll put up Mr. Snuggles who will serve as my mascot in my attempt to finally be done with this hazardous hobby.

Deviation by: Kimdeal

Help me save myself! =D

Cheers mates!

xD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home